Sunday, July 8, 2007

Blog Virgin pops cherry


Here goes. I've always thought that blogs are for those who have a lot of free time in their hands, or worse, for those who have a morbid idea that they are reeking with self-importance. But then I figured a few nice things about blogs, and how practical they could be. Practical, in a sense that one could use it to spruce up an on-line resume (I got this tip from yahoo: http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/jobseeker/tools/ept/careerArticlesPost.html?post=145), and well, for sentimental reasons. After going through Blogger's quick tour, I realized that this could work as a personal diary. Might as well make use of the marvels of technology (you'll learn about how I make good use of it in my future entries), and there's also the possibility of being struck with Alzheimer's in the future. Maybe my grandkids could read me my personal journal again to have a grip of this past life. They might learn from my plentiful mistakes. Or have a good laugh at the ridiculous endeavors that I have subjected myself to.

So there's my excuse for coming up with my own blog. I've convinced myself enough. And just so you'll know, I do have a lot of free time. For now, I guess. The past few weeks have been crazy what with all the wedding preparations. But honestly it was my beautiful wife who did most of the work so maybe I was just stressing out over nothing. It is then appropriate to congratulate me, for I just got married two days ago (Philippine time). Yup, July 7, 2007. Supposed to be lucky. But hell, we make our own luck. We're both still euphoric over how much fun the celebration was. So lucky to have very good people as friends and family.

This is it for now. Can't wait to see this entry published in my blogger. Gotta search for a decent photo to mark this page as my own.

Here's to my new blog page. Thanks to the people of Blogger.com.

9July07/ Manila, Philippines

No comments: